This is the perfect side dish to any meal and full of flavour. Pumpkin will become the new favourite vegetable after you give this recipe a go!
- A whole butternut pumpkin, washed
- 250 mls (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
- Extra virgin live oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- I cup coriander, chopped roughly
- 1 red chilli, de seeded and chopped finely
- 100g roasted flakes almonds
- Essential Oils: Lemon
- Cut pumpkin into thick slices, and remove the seeds.
- Place the pumpkin pieces on a roasting tray, and prepare the cinnamon basting oil.
- In a small bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil, ground cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. Brush pumpkin with cinnamon oil and bake them in the oven at 200 degrees. After 20 minutes, turn the pumpkin pieces over and baste with the remaining cinnamon oil, and continue baking for another 15mins.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, prepare the yoghurt dressing. In a medium bowl, add the Greek yoghurt, ground cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil and mix well. Refrigerate the dressing till you're ready to serve.
Note, if you don't have essential oils, you can add the zest of a whole lemon (or get in contact with us to learn how to get essential oils in your home and enjoy their beautiful flavours)
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before serving.
- Once ready to serve, place the pumpkin pieces on a large serving tray. Try to keep all pieces exposed so they all get some dressing.
- Drizzle the yoghurt dressing all over the pumpkin.
- Add the chopped coriander, chopped chilli and roasted almond flakes.