A perfect way to enjoy mandarin season.
- 1 Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup roasted slivered almonds
- 1 can mandarin segments, drained (reserve 1/3 cup liquid)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 Cotties vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoons mandarin rind
- 600ml thickened cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease and line with baking paper a 20 inch round tin.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, reserved 1/3 cup mandarin liquid, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Gently fold in mandarin segments and almonds and pour batter into pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely for about 1 hour.
- To make pineapple frosting, mix together pineapple, vanilla pudding mix and mandarin peel. Gently stir in whipped cream. Spread frosting on cake.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.